Thursday, June 25, 2009

Princess Fluffy

DATELINE: 25.06.09 PARIS, FRANCE

I saw the most astounding thing today. I was on my way home from the Boulangerie and saw a woman walking towards me who looked to be in her late 50s, possibly older. She had her dog with her.

Now, I have seen various sizes of dogs being carried in the arms or "slung" over the shoulder, like one may carry a small child. I have seen dogs being carried in carriers that are nearly identical to a Baby Bjorn. I have seen dogs being carried in purses and in recent months in bags made specifically for carrying your pet that are made to look like this infamous Burkin Bag.

But this, this was a new one. This one takes the cake.

This woman was carrying her little dog in arms outstretched, upon.... (drum roll please!)...

Upon a SATIN PILLOW (with lacy trim). 

She held the little shiny satin pillow the way the ring-bearer in a wedding might carry the pillow upon which rest the wedding rings, or the way a maitradi at an exceptionally expensive restaurant might carry the tray upon which rests your bill: with two hands, the pillow resting on her forearms, arms are slightly outstretched, balancing the precious pup as though she were afraid with every step that she might disturb it. Fluffy lay curled upon the pillow snoozing, looking sleepily out at the scene on the street.

People, you have all gone mad! It's. A. Dog! If nature didn't want this creature to walk on the ground, it'd have grown wings!! 

I mean, seriously?? Seriously?! A satin pillow??!

No comments:

Post a Comment