Saturday, February 7, 2009

friday, the soldes are nearly over

DATELINE: 06.02.09 PARIS, FRANCE

A very long day.  Class this morning was an overwhelming flood of information about the purpose of, the process of, and the limitations and advantages of scientific experiments (specifically in psychology) and the DSM.  I thought my brain was going to burst.  I really did.  My brain is still working on digesting last night's episode of Psychoanalysis & The Fairy tale, where we spent three hours discussing Freud's analysis of the neurotic behavior of a 5-yr old (a 112pg case study) and his theories on children's sexual mythologies (where do babies come from?), and the oedipal complex.  

Ouch.  My brain hurts.  

But it's the good kind of hurt, like the way the body hurts after swimming the length of Walden Pond for the first time of the season after a winter of sitting on your arse.  

Today was a buys busy day.  Went from class to lunch with Marylee & John, to tea with Sylvie who leaves in the morning to return to NYC ( :-(  ), and then on to visit with Anne - where I checked out the building and neighborhood where the studio apartment I might be moving into is.  But I didn't get to see the apartment itself because the landlord isn't able to show it until tuesday.  

I think that likely I will make this move.  It's so much cheaper and I do think that having a place to myself is what I need right now.  Cheaper than what I am currently paying is definitely what I need.  At least then I can afford to buy myself something to make the bed softer if it is like sleeping on a stone slab.  This new place is also a much shorter commute school.  It's not going to be as posh, and 7 flights of stairs up and down will be a work out, but it might be just right.  

I feel a little like the Goldylocks. This apartment is too shitty.  This apartment is too posh/expensive.  And maybe, just maybe, this porridge will be _just right_.

Speaking of _just right_, I'm headed tomorrow to take advantage of the final day of the "soldes".  In France all of the stores are only allowed to have sales twice/yr, and all at the same time.  So there are 2-3 wks of "Soldes" (sales) in Jan/Feb and then again in July.  It's illegal for them to have them any other time.  So tomorrow we shop!  It's bound to be insanity because it's the final day (why do i wait until the end??) and it's a saturday.  But hopefully I can find what I am looking for.  Ah, a common thread on many fronts.

On that note, to bed with me...

a tout le monde de Paris, a plus tard mes amies!


No comments:

Post a Comment